Thought for the week

Dogs have masters, cats have staff....






Friday, July 30, 2010

The reason I sweat...


Yes, I know women glisten rather than sweat...I chose this title to show what kind of situations I can get into..

Here's an example: I have a good friend of whom I have recently made contact with after 38 years. She was one of the popular crowd at high school and I felt like pinching myself almost all the time. After all, I spent the first 8 years of school being told I was an outcast and a strange person. Well, in some ways I still am..but then I regress.. Back to subject.

I used to go to her house, sometimes before school and we would talk and visit while she finished preparing for school. She had this one blouse that I took a liking to.. It was brown with black square patches. These patches were placed in such a way that it looked like I was staring at her chest. Yes, I felt like a perv, but I didn't mean it that way... I remember to this day the nervousness in her voice when she asked if I was staring...u know where...and since my quick wit was lacking, I simply looked down and turned red. Now, I could tell her that I liked her blouse and that I didn't mean to make it look the way it did...

So, it was one reason I sweated. I have many examples but I don't want to bore you with them. Some are the usual type of things, catching a brother in the a 'room' or hearing something and having to deal with the strange looks of the guilty parties in question. Just a couple to mention.

Now a days, I am not so afraid to ask questions and stand up for my good and bad sweaty decisions. I guess I finally realize that I am worth something. To my husband; I try to be a good wife, to my family; I try to be kinder and more patient, and too my Heavenly Father; I try to be a worthy member of his family and share the gospel with all those around me...Perhaps I won't sweat so much now...

No comments:

Post a Comment